Ten easy ways to get online reviews
CHARLOTTE, NC — There has been a lot of talk in the last year about the need for online review collecting by companies, a need that was made all the more apparent by Google’s adjusted algorithm, which gives higher rank placement to those companies with multiple reviews.
In March, our cover story, “The Coming Storm,” addressed this issue and the necessity to pay attention to these once-ignored posts. Now, simply doing a great job isn’t enough; you have to make sure your clients let other potential customers know how great you are.
- “Add a link on your website to solicit for reviews” — you can say something as simple as, “Click here to tell others about us,” and make sure the link connects to your preferred review site (i.e., Angie’s List, Google+).
- “In your next email newsletter” — link from your newsletter to the review site just as in number one.
- "In the signature line of your outgoing email” — ask for and link to reviews within from directly below your contact information.
- “If you have a hold message when people call” — While clients are holding, let them know you’d appreciate hearing their thoughts on your company.
- “Incentivize people, but don't buy reviews” — hold random drawings for or provide discounts to those who provide reviews.
- “Train your employees to ask customers for their review” — find ways to incentivize your employees as well to encourage review gathering.
- “Have your employees wear buttons that market writing a review” — techs in the field can wear these and promote reviews while with customers.
- “At the bottom of your [customer] receipts” provide the link information.
- “Print on the back of your business card where consumers can leave a review.”
- “Post it socially” — Encourage clients visiting your Facebook or other social media page to leave reviews.
The article also stresses the importance of responding to online reviews. This gives you a chance to try to correct mistakes with unhappy customers and thank happy ones. And don’t forget to use the good reviews to your advantage in advertising.
For the complete, original article from The Business Journals, please click here.