Five digital marketing changes for 2015
January 7, 2015—
Digital marketing strategies and trends are constantly changing, so it’s important to stay up-to-date and prepared for changes in customer preferences concerning marketing.
SmallBizTrends.com recently compiled a list of five trends it expects to affect digital marketing in 2015:
- “Attribution becomes more important” — Small businesses are encouraged to get a multi-touch attribution system in place, allowing companies to give credit to all parts of a customer’s research process leading up to the final sale.
- “Humor will gain in marketing” — Millennials are more likely to buy from a humorous sales pitch. It’s recommended businesses take advantage of this in their marketing, offering potential customers items like memes to entertain and inform.
- “Marketing will move to a combination of paid and owned outreach” — Companies are encouraged to make better efforts ensure their messages are hitting the right audience and portray the right ideas using analytics, and then invest in marketing those messages. Sometimes you’ll still have to pay to get your message out there.
- “Marketers will focus on creating a single customer experience” — A unified, consistent message should be created and broadcast across all channels. Uniformity is key.
- “Mobile will continue to dominate marketing” — It remains of the upmost importance for your site to be mobile friendly. SmallBizTrends says, “Roughly 80 percent of phone owners have their devices with them 22 hours every day, so if your site doesn’t display well on these devices, you’re missing out on tons of opportunities.”
For the full, original article, please click here.
Share This Article
Join Our Newsletter
February 21, 2023