Carpet cleaning job almost turns deadly

Female hands opening to light and skull

Monument, CO — A Colorado woman nearly died when a carpet cleaning van parked close to her home flooded it with exhaust fumes, according to an article in The Gazette.

After ignoring several calls from ADT, the homeowner finally agreed to evacuate (along with the carpet cleaner), and later learned from fire and rescue workers that the home had lethal levels of carbon monoxide, the article reported.

The article found that the carpet cleaning machine had malfunctioned and filled the woman’s three-story home with carbon monoxide, despite all windows in the home being open.

For the original story, please visit The Gazette here.

Cleanfax Staff

Cleanfax provides cleaning and restoration professionals with information designed to help them manage and grow their businesses.

Follow Cleanfax Staff

Related Posts

Share This Article

Join Our Newsletter

Expert Videos

Popular Content

Masters in Restoration Pricing & Documentation

Masters in Restoration Pricing & Documentation: How to Turbocharge Your Restoration Project Strategies

Erin Hynum

Revolutionizing Restoration: Introducing the DryMAX XL Pro Dehumidifier

CoreLogic

CoreLogic: Spearheading Innovation and Technology in the Restoration Industry

Insurance_Webinar_600x300_CF

Insurance Restoration Strategies Unlocked: How to Identify & Conquer Top Challenges in the Industry

AI sales

Is AI Going to Be the Death of the Salesperson?

Polls

Do you see the FTC ban on noncompete clauses affecting your company?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...