Small businesses and social media
It is a question frequently asked by small business owners: How effective is marketing via social media?
To help answer this question, Score.org posted an infographic entitled 2013 Small Business Social Media Trends.
According to the graphic, 87 percent of small businesses say that social media helps their business.
In addition, small businesses should spend at least five hours per week posting to social media but remember to focus on their target market, the infographic says.
Other facts from the infographic include:
- 40 percent of small businesses say social media boasts word of mouth referrals.
- 50 percent of shoppers purchased due to posts or feedback.
- 64 percent of Twitter users are more likely to be loyal to the brands they follow.
- 59 percent of consumers see social media active companies as more approachable.
- 64 percent of social media users want companies to use it to answer questions.
Click here to read the whole infographic.