Segura & Associates offers tips for visiting ISSA/INTERCLEAN North America
SAN FRANCISCO — With the ISSA/INTERCLEAN North America convention coming up in October 20-23, many may wonder where to start at such a large event, considering it is billed as the largest cleaning industry event in the world.
With this in mind, cleaning contractor consulting firm Segura & Associates’ President Ron Segura recently offered up in a news release ways to take “take advantage of all the benefits that can be derived from the annual ISSA convention.”
“[Attendees] stroll the floor looking at all the products, collect brochures and then go home,” he says. “As soon as they get home, the brochures are typically tossed away along with just about everything they remember of the show.”
First, Segura recommends bringing along employees, not just managers/owners attending alone for shared knowledge collection and understanding by workers of any new equipment or products purchased.
Secondly, Segura recommends creating a “convention strategy,” which includes:
- A plan created by all those attending in your group.
- A prepared list of all the relevant seminars to attend.
- A plan to have some people attend one seminar while others attend another when there are conflicts.
- A Prepared list of the products, tools, chemicals and equipment you want to see.
- A list of specific vendors (manufacturers) you want to see.
- Prepared questions you want to ask vendors (and don’t hesitate to ask them).
- With lists in hand, prepare a daily schedule noting which products to see and which vendors to visit.
- Scheduled lunch meetings to compare notes.
“Every cleaning professional attending the ISSA tradeshow should have one thing in mind when they see equipment or meet with vendors,” says Segura. “More than the features, what are the benefits I will get from the product?”