CIRI announces call for research papers
ALBANY, NY — The Cleaning Industry Research Institute (CIRI) International recently placed its first call for research papers in advance of its Spring 2016 Cleaning Science and Research Symposium, according to a press release.
CIRI requests paper proposals for research papers which show “application of cleaning science to advance professional cleaning practice and the public welfare.”
The not-for-profit organization is in search of topics/papers for the symposium which include:
- Cutting-edge research,
- Recent findings,
- Innovative processes,
- New data,
- Field experiences,
- Scientific review papers,
- Fundamentals of cleaning science,
- New approaches to cleaning science,
- Applications and importance of cleaning science to health and indoor environments (specifically schools, childcare, healthcare, etc.),
- Applications of importance of cleaning science to overall building and facilities maintenance, cleaning and/or restoration.
Encouraged themes include, but are not limited to:
- Latest evidence on cleaning effectiveness
- The role and experiences with ATP in cleaning monitoring
- New technologies for managing cleaning and restoration
- What is the evidence in supporting the processes of cleaning in the context of natural disasters and disaster management?
- Cleaning sustainability and green cleaning
- Impact of cleaning effectiveness on health outcomes
- Fluorescent markers and their role in cleaning monitoring
- The cost impact(s) of improved cleaning & hygiene management
- Best practice management of cleaning processes using the ISSA Clean Standard: K-12 (2014) as well as institutional and commercial facilities (2015)
- Betterment and impacts from improved cleaning processes
- Do new “natural” alternative cleaning technologies have any evidence to support their use?
- Submissions should include the paper’s proposed title, authors and a brief summary/abstract or outline for presentation at the symposium.
This event is made up of a two-day, midweek program, including a first afternoon and evening welcome reception, followed by “one and a half days of informative meetings with time for questions, discussions and breakout sessions.”
Specific details of the 2016 Cleaning Science and Research Symposium, including date and location, soon will be announced.
For more information, or to submit your paper topic, please contact CIRI advisory chair and University of Maryland Professor Emeritus Steven M. Spivak at [email protected] no later than October 31.
Share This Article
Join Our Newsletter
February 21, 2023