Family filing lawsuit against extermination company

TS_165212462_360x235_72DPI_RGB

EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA — The family of a toddler who suffered severe brain damage after a condominium fire in 2011, sparked by a bedbug extermination in a neighboring suite, has filed a lawsuit for $7 million, according to the Edmonton Journal.

The $3.5 million blaze was caused when employees of a pest extermination company stored two propane tanks on a balcony, while trying to heat up a suite past 45 C in order to kill bedbugs, the article stated.

According to the article, last year, the Calgary-based Bed Bug Task Force Ltd. pleaded guilty to one charge under the Alberta Fire Code and was fined $10,000.

The lawsuit filed against several defendants, makes several allegations, including negligence and failing to take proper precautions, the article noted.

Click here to read the article in its entirety.

Cleanfax Staff

Cleanfax provides cleaning and restoration professionals with information designed to help them manage and grow their businesses.

Follow Cleanfax Staff

Related Posts

Share This Article

Join Our Newsletter

Expert Videos

Popular Content

CoreLogic Straighttalk 800

Efficiency Meets Innovation: CoreLogic Revolutionizes Water Damage Restoration With Mitigate

ServiceMonster

ServiceMonster: All-in-One Client and Job Management Platform Built for Carpet and Floor Cleaners

Masters in Restoration Pricing & Documentation

Masters in Restoration Pricing & Documentation: How to Turbocharge Your Restoration Project Strategies

Erin Hynum

Revolutionizing Restoration: Introducing the DryMAX XL Pro Dehumidifier

CoreLogic

CoreLogic: Spearheading Innovation and Technology in the Restoration Industry

Polls

Has the increase in remote work made booking residential cleaning appointments easier than before the COVID-19 pandemic?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...