Family filing lawsuit against extermination company
EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA — The family of a toddler who suffered severe brain damage after a condominium fire in 2011, sparked by a bedbug extermination in a neighboring suite, has filed a lawsuit for $7 million, according to the Edmonton Journal.
The $3.5 million blaze was caused when employees of a pest extermination company stored two propane tanks on a balcony, while trying to heat up a suite past 45 C in order to kill bedbugs, the article stated.
According to the article, last year, the Calgary-based Bed Bug Task Force Ltd. pleaded guilty to one charge under the Alberta Fire Code and was fined $10,000.
The lawsuit filed against several defendants, makes several allegations, including negligence and failing to take proper precautions, the article noted.
Click here to read the article in its entirety.