2015 ACI Sustainability Report
WASHINGTON — The American Cleaning Institute (ACI) recently released its 2015 Sustainability Report, which points out “the cleaning products industry’s progress toward sustainable development and unveils ACI’s first-ever industry ‘materiality assessment,’ which maps the critical risks and opportunities facing its value chain,” according to a press release.
The top ten issues to the cleaning produts internal and external stakeholders identified by sustainability analytics firm, Framework LLC, are:
- Materials: Safety of chemical ingredients; raw material sourcing and scarcity
- Disclosure and Transparency: Public disclosure of information related to sustainability, governance, and products
- Climate Change / Greenhouse Gases: Climate risks and opportunities; emissions of greenhouse gases
- Ecological Impacts: Biodiversity; deforestation; environmental management; responsible agricultural practices
- Water: Water use, waste water treatment, and water recycling
- Workplace Health and Safety: Health and safety management; health and wellness training programs
- Waste: Hazardous and non-hazardous waste; management of product end-of-life
- Energy: Energy use; renewable energy
- Supply Chain Management: Screening business partners on ethics and sustainability issues
- Compliance: Compliance with environmental, health, and safety regulations
The data compiled for this assessment were contributed in 2014 by 33 ACI member companies, which accounted for sustainability performance assessment of 17.3 million metric tons of cleaning product production.
A deeper analysis of this issue, sustainability progress and other issues are detailed in the report. Also available in the report is a gateway to 30 plus profiles on ACI member sustainability efforts.
To visit this report, please click here.
Share This Article
Join Our Newsletter
February 21, 2023