Restoration 1 and bluefrog Plumbing Recap 2020 Milestones
WACO, Texas—February 2, 2021—With a global pandemic, a record 30-storm hurricane season, and unprecedented wildfires, 2020 was a challenging year for the restoration industry, but Waco-based complementary brands, Restoration 1 and bluefrog Plumbing + Drain, met these challenges while achieving new milestones. Restoration 1 accomplishments include new locations, new programs, awards, and recognition among top-performing franchise systems.
“While 2020 was a catastrophic year for so many people, it was a heroic year for our superior staff, hardworking franchisees, and a rapidly-growing network across both brands to take this organization to the next level,” said Gary Findley, CEO of Restoration 1 and bluefrog Plumbing + Drain. “Despite the challenges our world is facing, our business continues to thrive as we meet and exceed our growth goals year over year.”
Last year, Restoration 1 awarded 40 new locations, expanding into West Virginia, Utah, South Dakota, and the District of Columbia and bringing the franchise total to 350 locations to-date across 43 states. bluefrog Plumbing + Drain awarded six new locations, entered Virginia, and is now servicing eight states.
In addition to opening new locations, the most significant Restoration 1 accomplishments in 2020 include:
- Restoration 1 and sister brand bluefrog Plumbing + Drain were acquired by MPK Equity Partners at a time when the essential businesses continued to grow in the recession-resistant sectors they serve.
- Restoration 1 named Sherry Rose as Chief Operating Officer.
- The company rolled out its “Keep It Clean” Program to help America reopen in response to COVID-19.
- Restoration 1 was recognized in the 5000 list.
- Franchise Times named Restoration 1 to the list of Fast & Serious franchises and the Top 200+ list for 2021.
- Entrepreneurmagazine ranked Restoration 1 to the Franchise 500 for the 8th consecutive year and named it to the “Hottest Industries in Franchising.”
- bluefrog Plumbing + Drain adopted virtual options for customers amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- National media coverage for the brands and CEO Findley appeared in Authority Magazine, Thrive Global, Franchise Times, Plumbing + Mechanical Magazine, Restoration & Remediation Magazine,and more.
- Findley also spoke at the Titus Center for Franchising and was named a judge in the school’s newly launched Franchise Hot Seat, a web series that gives rising franchisors the chance to seek the mentorship, advice, or financial support of global leaders in the franchise community.
Founded in 2008, Restoration 1 is an award-winning franchise that specializes in a wide array of emergency mitigations, restoration, and reconstruction services for residential and commercial properties. There have been 350 agreements awarded throughout the U.S. with plans to expand to more than 500 locations nationwide in the next couple of years. For more information about Restoration 1, visit https://www.restoration1.com. To learn about opening a Restoration 1 franchise, visit restoration1franchise.com.
Founded in 2014, bluefrog Plumbing + Drain has been recognized as a trusted name in plumbing repair and installation for years. The Texas-based company has a focus on helping each franchise partner build profitable fleet of service vehicles in their local markets bluefrog’s franchise partners are supported by an executive team with decades of experience in both the plumbing and franchise industries. For more information, visit https://www.bluefrogplumbing.com/. To learn more about opening a bluefrog Plumbing + Drain franchise, visit bluefrogfranchise.com.