A Chat With Consigli About the AEML Winter Break 2022 Conference
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla.—December 25, 2021—AEML Winter Break 2022, The Florida Technical Conference on Mold will be held as an in-person event January 27-29, 2022. Attendees may earn 14 continuing education units for Florida Mold Assessor and Remediator license renewal. Event and hotel accommodations hosted at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach-Boca Raton in Deerfield Beach, Fla. Register today!
Watch this video discussion with Pete Consigli and others who are involved with this upcoming event:
“After two years of virtual conferences due to the global pandemic, it is exciting to kick off 2022 by hosting a live, in-person educational and networking event for the IAQ and restoration industries!” says Ron Mazur, CEO of Winter Break host AEML. In response to the 2020 event‘s sell out, organizers have doubled capacity for the 2022 event, though it also is expected to sell out.
This year’s conference theme focuses on the 4 Ms, and each has an assigned moderator to facilitate the speaker introductions, transitions, and moderated, interactive Q&A with the attendees:
- Moisture (John Lapotaire),
- Materials (John Downey),
- Mold (Jon Isaacson),
- Methodologies (Ken Larsen).
Winter Break Conference Facilitator Pete Consigli says, “The Winter Break 2022 Conference theme and agenda content is an ‘old school’ technical conference that blends a unique balance of topics for the mixed audience of assessors (IEPs) and remediators with a speaker lineup of leading authority subject matter experts!”
Organizers recently announced a pre-conference “Legal Update & Risk Management Workshop,” which is included free for full-registration attendees. The workshop is lead by a panel of experts in law, science, adjusting, third-party evaluations, and restoration including David Popper, Justin Petersen, Ralph Moon, Peter Crosa, John Lapotaire, Ken Larsen, and Rusty Amarante, moderated by Cliff Zlotnik.
Other expected highlights of the event include:
- January 28
- “Strategies for Controlling Moisture by Effective Use of Dehumidifiers with HVAC Systems” with Andy Ask
- “How Moisture Impacts Wood and Metal Building Materials & Components” with Ralph Moon
- “Assessing Moisture in Concrete and Determining a Dry Standard” with Robert Higgins
- Keynote: “Solving Moisture Mysteries in Hot Humid Climates” with Paul LaGrange and Claudette Hanks Reichel
- January 29
- “Mold Assessment and Remediation: Interpretation & Compliance with the Standard of Care” with Rachel L. Adams-Beja
- “A Third-Party Consultant Perspective: Flooring Inspections for Moisture Issues & Causation” with Robert Blochinger
- 4“Odor Hunting: A New Methodology for Determination of Where Odors Reside” with Cliff Zlotnik
- Keynote: “Assessing and Clearing the Presence of Particulates, Residues, and Odors” with a panel of experts
Industry podcasts will be live streaming each day: DYOJO with Jon Isaacson and friends (Thursday), IAQradio+ with The Z-man and Radio Joe Hughes (Friday), and Straight Talk with Jeff Cross and friends (Saturday). IAQradio+ will also broadcast a special Winter Break Highlight episode February 4.
Download the full agenda below.
Full registration for AEML Winter Break 2022 is $299 and includes the pre-conference workshop, daily lunches, daily refreshments, and two networking reception drink tickets.
For more information, view the event flyer or contact AEML customer service at [email protected] or call 954-333-8149. Hotel accommodations at exclusive conference rates are available at DoubleTree Hotel Deerfield Beach-Boca Raton.
Share This Article
Join Our Newsletter
February 21, 2023