What You Might Have Missed in Our July/August 2021 Issue
NORTHBROOK, Ill.—August 25, 2021—As summer comes to an end, the July/August 2021 Cleanfax issue still awaits you—packed with insight into restorers’ and carpet cleaners’ business needs. It’s online and available for your perusal at any time of the day or night.
In the new issue, you’ll find all the great management, technical, and marketing tips geared specifically toward carpet cleaning and restoration professionals that you’ve come to expect from our landmark publication.
A range of topics from the July/August 2021 Cleanfax issue include:
- The 2021 Restoration Industry Leaders Review: Louie’s Cleaning and Disaster Restoration
How a life-long entrepreneur who started work at just 14 turned his business into a success.
- The 2021 Restoration Industry Leaders Review: Sage Restoration
A female-led, family-owned company that learned to compete with big national franchises.
- The 2021 Restoration Industry Leaders Review: Christenson Cleaning and Disaster Restoration
Hear from a second-generation owner who took over his family’s company at just 22.
- The Silica Problem and Restoration Workers
The industry is at high risk for silica-related problems, but proper controls can limit exposure. (Part two in the P.A.L.M.S. series. See part one on asbestos HERE.)
- The Emotional Impact of Disaster Restoration
How companies can address disaster’s psychological impact on clients and employees.
- COVID-19 and HVAC Systems
Cleaning and disinfecting air conveyance systems has never been more critical.
- Contents Offers a New Dawn for IICRC Certification
The IICRC’s CPT Certification provides the highly specialized skills for a growing industry.
- Staying Centered in Tough Times
Three things to remember when the going gets tough.
- Traffic Lane Transformation
The July/August 2021 photo contest winner is Allan Eckroth of Carpet Care in Grand Forks, N.D. for his revival of a Mexican restaurant’s carpet.
Also, read the Foreword to the July/August 2021 Cleanfax issue by Managing Editor Amanda Hosey in which she offers insight for restoration companies planning to respond to the 2021 hurricane season.
Check out this month’s sponsored look at the latest products from industry-leading companies.
You can also read the July/August 2021 digital magazine in full.