Two IICRC rug cleaning certification courses with the ‘Rug Lady’ set for February and March
CENTENNIAL, CO — Ruth the “Rug Lady” Travis will hold IICRC rug cleaning certification courses February 24-26 in San Diego and March 8-10 in Jacksonville, FL, according to a press release.
Travis, a Master Rug Cleaner, Certified Rug Specialist and director of WoolSafe North America, will teach these courses in real working rug cleaning and restoration plants and classrooms.
The three-day course will cover:
- Natural and synthetic fibers, weaving, hand-knotting and tufting;
- Minimum-moisture to total-immersion cleaning techniques;
- Fringe cleaning, blocking and minor repairs;
- Animal urine decontamination;
- Color fastness testing.
Attendees will see and learn to identify all major types of oriental and specialty rugs with over 100 actual samples available for interaction.
While this class prepares students for Carpet Cleaning Technician (CCT) or Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician (CMT) and Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technician (UFT) certification, those who are not interested in rug cleaning certification purposes are invited to attend as well. The IICRC RCT-141 exam will be offered at the end of the class for $65 per student.
The cost for the three-day event is:
- $995 for the first attendee;
- $895 for subsequent attendees from the same company;
- $895 for WoolSafe service providers.
This cost includes a 160-page manual, handouts, and all lunches and snacks.