The 2022 Experience Conference Wraps up in Cincinnati [Photos]
CINCINNATI—April 8, 2022—The 2022 Experience Conference and Exhibition wrapped up Friday, April 8 after three busy days in Cincinnati, the event’s first visit to the city. The event, which took place at the Duke Energy Center, brought together top experts in the cleaning and restoration industry to educate and inform attendees about the latest trends, newest products, and hottest topics.
Watch event organizer Larry Cooper preview upcoming Experience shows and why the shows move around or read on for a show recap and pictures:
As the show headed toward its close, exciting educational sessions continued in the morning before the exhibit hall opened in the afternoon. Highlights from day three included:
- Jeremy Reets put forth an impassioned plea for restorers to decrease demolition and aim on drying whenever possible to increase profits during his session, “Save the Walls!”
- Samuel Sales took the idea of cleaning for health and made it more accessible, interacting with the audience and answering questions on topics like cleaning out the recovery tank in his session “Cleaning for the Health of It.”
- ISSA Media Director Jeff Cross looked at the hiring processes and the importance of seeing the value in younger workers in his session “Silly Videos.”
- David Gavilanes explained contents restoration processes and best practices to help attendees interested in adding the service decide if it was right for them in his session “The Contents Layer Cake.”
Watch a video recap of the 2022 Experience Conference here or read more below.
The 2022 Experience Conference picked up steam, with crowds filling the classrooms to see hands-on programs and flooding into the exhibit hall. Highlights from day two include:
- Frequent Cleanfax contributor Lisa Wagner and Nathan Koets got the ball rolling with a helpful session that taught attendees how to distinguish between fake silk and real sick to better perform rug cleaning for clients. Real and Fake Silk Rug Intensive, Part 1: Real Silk
- NORMI performed a five-part series on mold remediation that took attendees from building a decontamination chamber through the post-remediation verification process.
- Darrell Hagan and Chris Hix provided tips on caring for resilient flooring, providing advice for caring for unmaintained floors, removing stuck-on items, and more.
- Mark Exner explained why fabrics do not always come clean, explaining how too much heat or chemical or not enough dwell time can cause cleaning jobs to fail.
- Two keynotes from George Buck and Jeff Jones covered the unpredictability of our current world and the need to be able to predict and respond to its unpredictable nature in “What in the World? The Unpredictability of Terrorism” and “Microbial Warfare 101,” respectively.
The first day of the show kicked off with thought-provoking educational sessions before crowds were greeted at the welcome session and then allowed to enter the exhibit hall. Highlights from day one include:
- Daren Clark presented “Increase Profitability Through Management Systems,” in which he discussed the need to train on, support, and measure, system adherence in an industry company.
- Sonny Ahuja provided strategies for lead generation and his system for targeting ideal customers in his session “How to Quickly Increase Your Sales and Profits With an Efficient, Affordable, and Revolutionary System for Attracting Your Ideal Clients Without Wasting a Fortune on Overpriced PPC Ads.”
- Larry Cooper, along with Les Cunningham and Chuck Violand, talked about the changes in the industry over the years, things that still need to change, and where the industry might be going in the show’s welcome session.
The 2022 Experience Convention and Trade Show will take place September 7-9, 2022, at Caesar’s Forum in Las Vegas.