BSCAI Announces 2020 CLEAN Award Recipients
CHICAGO—November 20, 2020—BSCAI, the Building Service Contractors Association International, recently announced the recipients of the 2020 BSCAI CLEAN Awards, which highlights professional excellence among building service contractors (BSCs) and related businesses. Selected by a committee of 13 practicing BCS professionals from BSCAI member companies, the 2020 awards recognized new members, business leadership, volunteer service, and exceptional safety.
“This year, the BSC industry has been tested. We are extremely proud of all of our members, but especially our 2020 CLEAN Award recipients, as they have shown strength, leadership, and excellence through uncertain times,” said Christopher Mundschenk, CAE, BSCAI executive director.
Highlights of the BSCAI 2020 Clean Award slate include the following:
- The James E. Purcell Leadership Award is the most prestigious annual award presented in recognition of long-term service to both the Association and the building service contracting industry. James E. Purcell was BSCAI’s founder and first President serving from 1965-1967. The 2020 James E. Purcell Leadership Award is proudly bestowed upon Jim Harris, Jr., CBSE, Janitronics Facility Services.
- The Building Service Employee of the Year Award honors that building service contracting employee whose job performance, civic involvement and family role best exemplify qualities found in superior custodial employees. The 2020 BSCAI Building Service of the Year Award Winner is awarded to Sarah Bergquist, MSNW Group, LLC.
- For the second year in a row, BSCAI is pleased to award the Emerging Leader Award presented by Contracting Profits. This award is granted to a BSC professional 40 years old or younger, who demonstrates excellence, and is making positive contributions to the contract cleaning industry. This rising star can be the owner of a contract cleaning company or a member of a company’s executive team. The winner of the 2020 Emerging Leader award is Kathleen Bands, RBSM, Chief Executive Officer of My Cleaning Service, Inc.
- The BSCAI Cleaning for Health® Award, presented by ProTeam, honors BSCs that have Cleaning for Health programs, a cleaning regimen that helps reduce the levels of allergens and asthma triggers in indoor environments. A Cleaning for Health program consists of policies, procedures and training that emphasizes the impact on the health of building occupants and staff in addition to equipment that reduces building contaminants and minimizes environmental impact. The winner of the 2020 Cleaning for Health® Award is 4M Business Solutions.
- For six years, the Skip Marsden Education Excellence Award, presented by Marsden Holding, LLC, has been given to companies that promote leaders from within their organizations and that demonstrate an overall commitment to growth and development by investing in education and training for their employees. The winner of the 2020 Skip Marsden Education Excellence Award is AffinEco LLC.
- The Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award recognizes companies for their volunteer effort for charities and the community. BSCAI makes a donation to a charity of the winner’s choice on their behalf. The winner of the 2020 Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award is BRAVO! Group Services.
BSCAI 2020 Clean Award Full Lineup
The complete list of BSCAI’s 2020 CLEAN Award recipients appears below. BSCAI congratulates all of these exceptional members, volunteers, and high-performing companies for representing our shared industry with great pride distinction in this most challenging year.
Individual award winners:
- James E. Purcell Leadership Award: Jim Harris, Jr., CBSE, Janitronics Facility Services
- Employee of the Year Award: Sarah Bergquist, MSNW Group, LLC
- Contracting Profits Emerging Leader Award: Kathleen Brands, RBSM, My Cleaning Service, Inc.
- Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service: Guy Mingo, Marsden Holding, LLC
Company award winners:
- BSCAI Cleaning for Health® Award: 4M Building Solutions
- Skip Marsden Award for Educational Excellence: AffinEco, LLC
- Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award: BRAVO! Group Services
- Industry Service Award: Affinity HR Group, Inc.
- Mid-Size Company Image Award: ESS Clean, Inc.
- New Member of the Year Award: Kleen-Tech
- Large Company Image Award: MSNW Group, LLC
- Category A Safety Award: Inside and Out Maintenance, LLC
- Category A Safety Award: Flair Building Services
- Category B Safety Award: MSNW Group, LLC
- Category B Safety Award: Saber Building Services, Inc.
- Category B Safety Award: ESS Clean, Inc.
- Category C Safety Award: Service by Medallion
- Category C Safety Award: Enviro-Clean Services, Inc.
- Category D Safety Award: 4M Building Solutions
- Category D Safety Award: BRAVO! Group Services
- Category D Safety Award: Diversified Maintenance Systems LLC
Share This Article
Join Our Newsletter
February 21, 2023