ALBANY, NY — The Cleaning Industry Research Institute (CIRI) International and the IICRC (along with is The Journal of Cleaning, Restoration & Inspection) recently announced a joint science and technology symposium at the Georgia Institute of Technology Hotel and Global Conference Center in Atlanta, GA, April 10 and 11, 2016, according to a press release.
The joint venture, “Cleaning Science, Health, Environment, and The Clean Standard: Field Testing, New Research, Innovative Methods, Findings, and Challenges,” combines the first-ever IICRC technical conference and CIRI’s biennial symposium. This will be the first combined symposium between the two organizations.
Non-profit CIRI said in the release, “Principal focus [for the event] is on scientific research, R&D, applied technology and innovation. No other industry meeting or conference matches this unique and high-powered, science-focused event.”
CIRI & IICRC invite proposals for the following topics/papers:
- Cutting-edge research;
- Recent findings;
- Innovative processes;
- New data;
- Field experiences;
- Scientific review papers;
- Fundamentals of cleaning science;
- New approaches to cleaning science;
- Applications and importance of cleaning science to health and indoor environments (including schools, hospitality, childcare, healthcare and other markets);
- Applications and importance of cleaning science to overall building and facilities maintenance, cleaning and/or restoration;
- The two CIRI-developed ISSA standards (Clean Standard: K-12 Schools and Clean Standard: Institutional and Commercial Facilities), which focus on indoor environmental measurement and assessment of healthier indoor environs and focus on interior surfaces. Special attention given to this topic.
Those who wish to submit proposed work for the symposium must do so by December 15, 2015. Submit proposed title, authors’ names and a brief summary or outline of topics or papers to Dr. Steven M. Spivak, CIRI science advisory chair and University of Maryland engineering professor emeritus, at email@example.com.
“This industry-changing symposium will focus on in-depth measurement, new discovery, truth, scientific data and analytical research on cleaning and health, disaster remediation and restoration,” CIRI explained in the release. “Wholly commercial approaches and marketing or product promotion is discouraged; such proposals will be set aside based on a confidential internal review.”
This respected event offers a two-day program comprised of a first afternoon and evening welcome reception for those arriving on Saturday, April 9, followed by two days of informative meetings with time for questions, discussions and breakout sessions.
For more information contact CIRI at (888) 285-2474, (518) 690-0479 or visit www.ciriscience.org.