Monument, CO — A Colorado woman nearly died when a carpet cleaning van parked close to her home flooded it with exhaust fumes, according to an article in The Gazette.

After ignoring several calls from ADT, the homeowner finally agreed to evacuate (along with the carpet cleaner), and later learned from fire and rescue workers that the home had lethal levels of carbon monoxide, the article reported.

The article found that the carpet cleaning machine had malfunctioned and filled the woman’s three-story home with carbon monoxide, despite all windows in the home being open.

For the original story, please visit The Gazette here.